New Homes For Edgbaston
Please note, the deadline for comments has been extended to Tuesday 30th June 2020. Birmingham City Council reference: 2019/02889/PA
In collaboration with Calthorpe Estates, Spitfire Bespoke Homes is proposing to deliver 43 new homes at Weston House, 6 Norfolk Road, Edgbaston.
On 29th March 2019, Spitfire Bespoke Homes submitted a full planning application for 44 homes, retaining the existing access from Norfolk Road. Prior to, and post-submission, significant dialogue has been had between the applicant, Birmingham City Council and local residents.
As a result of these discussions, various amendments have been made to the scheme since the submission which are set out in further detail below. The most recent amendments were submitted to the Council in March 2020 and Birmingham City Council has already consulted on these.
The proposed development site is currently vacant and has previously served as a residential care home. Our proposals would still deliver a range of new homes from one-bedroom apartments to 5-bedroom family homes – contributing to the vibrant community in Edgbaston.
Our Updated Proposals
Responding to feedback from Birmingham City Council and other stakeholders, we have made the following adjustments to our plans:
- Reduce the number of homes from 44 to 43
- A new primary access point to serve the wider development. This will allow for the retention of one Category A tree and one Category B tree along Norfolk Road
- Retention of the existing access point to serve apartments in Weston House and at Plots 1, 9 and 10
- Relocation of existing fruit trees to the proposed open space areas
- Relocation of parking bays along the site’s southern boundary.
The proposals continue to include:
- 43 new homes, which will include the following mix:
○ 6 no. 2 and 3-bedroom apartments through the refurbishment of Weston House
○ 26 no. 1, 2, and 3-bedroom new build apartments
○ 2 no. 2 bedroom houses in the converted coach houses
○ 2 no. 4 bedroom semi-detached houses
○ 7 no. detached 4 and 5-bedroom houses
- A private and communal amenity garden space to respect the Calthorpe Estate Green Garden principles
- Retention of existing mature trees and boundary vegetation where possible, and the proposed planting of a significant number of new trees within the site
- Off-street parking for each dwelling along with visitor parking
Compare the original site plan to the updated proposals by swiping across the image above
Plots 39 – 40
Please leave comments using the form below. This information is sent directly to the project team and may be passed on to Birmingham City Council. Your information will not be shared with any third parties and will only be used for this purpose.